Took the last 5 days off to rest up a bit. I was going a little stir crazy the past two days and Wayne had to hold me back from sneaking in a run. Today I ran one of my favorite loops near my home. I get to jog by two golf courses and I can see my entire town from up on the tippy top of the tough hill I have to head up. The view is always worth the effort! I pass horses and goats and fields on the way back too. It’s a nice, simple run.

Today’s stats: 4.62 miles. 59 degrees and sunny. Easy pace with plenty of walk breaks (ave 12:05). My right ankle is still bothering me a bit. I am convinced it’s a ligament pull from when my Dad was pulling too enthusiastically to get my shoe off during the half point of the marathon. There’s no swelling at all and I can palpitate it and there are no broken bones – so I’ll just run easy on it as it heals I think. My right hamstring also felt really tight the whole time (which has been a common problem for me for months off and on.) I took more than 30 minutes stretching when I got back. I hope it helps! for my laugh at myself for the day! I cannot dress properly for a run, it seems! Give me pouring rain, temps starting at 37 degrees and a marathon to run and I’ll be in a tank top and shorts!  Give me 59 degrees, sunny and only a short run and I pop out the door in tights, a long sleeved shirt, a running jacket and gloves!!! Yes, I really should check the weather before starting out on a run, now shouldn’t I? I did shed the gloves as soon as I stepped outside and ended up tying my jacket around my waist but I was sweating to death out there! I’ll get this right one of these days, right? 

I had a carload of goofball, hillbilly college boys pull over their pickup and wolf whistle at me. I thought of giving them a dirty look, but decided it would be better to ignore them (secretly, I was a little bit happy though, since it’s been a long time since this mother of five has been wolf-whistled at – hillybillyies or not) 

The treadmill guy stopped answering my e-mails. I take that he sold it and I’m back to the drawing board for looking for another one. That’s ok. I’m sure I’ll find what I need in good time – and as I said – the weather is heavenly right now so I’ll just enjoy it as long as I can.  I think I’ll only really need one when it starts getting dark by 5 pm again. It’s so much harder to get in my runs when it’s THAT dark especially if I want to do any kind of distance at all.

The kids are singing at the dining table behind me. They’re in good spirits since Wayne and I promised to take them to the pumpkin patch today for a hay ride and pumpkins! Should be a wonderful day!!!

I’m meeting Bertha tomorrow and we’re heading back to the very last three miles of the marathon course. I just want to run it out and back again to kind of overcome my negative emotions at the very end. I really think running it with B will erase some of that negativity I have attatched to that stage of the race. It might sound silly, but I really feel like I’ll be able to put it to rest if I do this.  I don’t have to run it fast. I just want to jog it happily.

Leave a Reply